Christmas and Dining Room Reveal
I head back to Minnesota for the holidays on Monday. I have little shivers of anticipation for hugging my parents, kissing my dog, laughing with siblings and watching in awe as I witness snow tranform my world into something that sparks magic inside me. But this year, it is a little bitter-sweet leaving behind my sweet baby boy fluffs and this house that has taken leaps an bounds into becoming a home this holiday season. The dining room has had the biggest makeover since we moved in, and with all the holiday cheer (including out first tree!) the space just makes me feel so proud of our home, and our little family.
I could go on and on but I think I won't. I will just let the images speak for themselves with a dainty little intro. Sort of like the title cards next to art in a museum; just the facts.
Christmas Dining Room No. 1, 2013
Paint, Spackle, Wood, Fabric, Kittens and Twinkle Lights
12' x 10.5' x 9'
- Ceiling Paint: Behr, "Quartz White"
- Wall/Trim Paint: Benjamin Moore, "Super White"
- Light fixture: $119, Home Depot (Price has gone up since purchased! Scandalous)
- Table: $60, Craigslist
- Chairs: $40, Craigslist
- Slipcovers: $35, DIY
- Desk: $12 Goodwill, DIY black paint
- Rug: $128, World Market
- Tree table: $25, Goodwill
- Tree Skirt: $0 DIY
- Frames: $18 each, Target (BUY THESE they are the best! I want more, but its probably better not to have more than 3 of the same frame right?)
I swear I did not hold cat treats off camera or guide them where to go. My cats love to pose and be the center of my focus. They hear the camera shutter click and just run towards it. I can't explain. The photos in this post are literally the only ones with out cats! Here are some fluff "out takes"