Crew, Crew Cute!
Wanna know a silly secret? Although all my friends would describe my style as classy and ladylike, I consistently find great inspiration in kids clothes! Ok, well not just any kids clothes, JCrew's childrens line; CrewCuts. I can't stand how adorable they are. So much color and fun while somehow remaining sophisticated enough to easily translate into a lovely full-grown lady outfit. Just look!
Now at this point you really don't need anymore evidence to prove how awesome the Crewcuts styling is, and lets face it, you are sufficiently jealous of the fabulous wardrobes these cuties already have... but lets keep going, there is too much inspiration to stop now!
Not going to lie, I would wear most of these looks without any changes. But since they don't come in my size, I'm going to share the lessons learned from the whimsy of children's fashion and translate it for us all into adult looks.
- Classic patterns like polka dots, stripes, and checks are a must!
- Ruffles, bows and buttons are nothing to be afraid of, if done with neutrals and simplicity.
- Bright colors make basics better.
- Mix causal with more dressy elements for an unexpected sophistication.
- Fanciful feet please! Don't forget to top of your toes with shoes that are bright, sparkly and fun!
Sooo....what do ya think? I am pretty excited gotsta say. Ready to reawaken my inner child and stay stylish. Join me?