Home Tour: Bedrooms
Oh my goodness you guys, I am already taking a walk down memory lane with this post. As of now, these two rooms have already gone through the greatest transformation. With the flooring ripped up and some primed walls, these bedrooms are already so different. In a good way. A really good way. But forget about that. Because the point of a "before" post is to revel in the excited shivers of a potential dramatic "after". So lets get down to business!
Let me preface this room by noting that when I asked Ansel what he wanted in our new home before we started looking, his one (ONE!) request was that there was a room for his office that I would be happy spending time in. How sweet is that? In our apartment now, his "office" is a table stuffed into what used to be a walk through closet where there is barely room for his chair let alone both of us. And all he wants is for me to be near him.... I mean how could I not honor that request especially since I would adore it too!? So, as there are only two bedrooms in this house this one was automatically deemed the joint office. And for us that is just fine. When folks come to visit we will promptly make it guest friendly, but 90% of the time it will be a fabulous sunny office to facilitate love and productivity. Boom. What a space. Lets check it out.
This will be our "master" bedroom. Although can you actually have a "master" bedroom when there are no "minion" bedrooms? Is that a weird question? Am I over thinking this?
Features we like:
- Lots of light
- Hefty baseboards and window trim
- Overwhelming amount of outlets (I am making this into a positive)
Features we don't like so much:
- Paint color. For some reason it looks not terrible in photos, like almost a mint color. But it is terrible, promise. It looks like a mistint. And just feels dingy.
- Linoleum beneath carpet
- Linoleum beneath linoleum beneath carpet (seriously)
- Hollow core closet doors
- Nasty curtains and assorted beige metal curtain hanging implements.
- Windows that barely open. Bad for air flow. Bad for fires...
And there you have it. Our wee bedrooms.
Whats even left on this home tour? Hall & bathroom. Basement and out door space. Get excited.