Home Tour: Kitchen
Here we go, though the dining room we reach... the kitchen! The heart of the home... and for now the heart of the ugly.
Features we like:
- High ceilings
- Lots of light
Features we don't like so much:
- Baby poo brown cabinets
- Baby blue (baby theme?) cabinet interiors with exploding teapot shelf paper
- Faux wood floor
- Faux... something back splash
- Formica counters
- Space eating Black fridge
- Fake (as in does nothing and sends air no where) range hood
- Non-standard depth bank of cabinets and sink. Indeed, below the window is a shallow 18 inches of counter and a very wee sink
- Kitchen "art"
- Slug light fixture
- Fluorescent overhead light
- Pretty much everything
The thing is though, that despite so many terrible elements, it remains a cheerful happy kitchen. It's a miracle. And it is spacious enough that people can comfortably gather. And yes, there are 4 doors entering the room but it makes the kitchen truly the center of the home rather than a dead end. People naturally gravitate towards it, and who doesn't want a cozy welcoming kitchen?
Off to sweat out some more demo.